There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

pain, pain, i know your name.

the name is: impinged sciatica.

i went to the doctor this morning because i have been in minor pain for about a month. it's nothing crazy, just my left hip hurts. sometimes less than others. so i have this constant fear that i have some disease. i guess you could say that i am borderline hypochondriac. but i feel like i question my problems within reason. for instance, i went to the doctor last year about a lump that was on my neck. within five minutes of my visit, the doctor told me that it was just a muscle. he made me feel the lump and move my neck...and it disappeared. he laughed and sent me on my way. i felt like a real tool. but a healthy tool, nonetheless.

so today, the doctor walks in (an hour after i have been sitting there) and starts bullshitting with me about cell phones and some cigar usiness he wants to start up? meanwhile, my ass and back hurt so bad that i am like, "get to the point, i am in pain." so finally, i tell him what's wrong (hoping that he doesn't make me pull my pants down. haha. who ever wants to do that?) and he diagnoses me within 30 seconds or jabbing my hip and butt cheek with a pen. his remedy? he tells me not to leave my wallet in my back pocket anymore (and some drugs). i wish i could say my wallet is so fat that it caused my back pain, but i don't roll like that. in fact, i have about $4 in my wallet on a regular day. so i have to do all of these warm compresses, get an x-ray (just in case), take some anti-inflammatory pills, etc.

is this a sign of turning 30?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny that you went to the doctor for a lump that turned out to be a muscle and the doc made you feel like an a hole.

don't feel too bad b/c i can relate. recently i felt a strange, hard lump and it turned out it was my collar bone. it's just that i was so much of a freaking chubster before that i never felt it. so yeah, i'm a dork.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home