There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Sunday, September 17, 2006

cars suck.

i really hate cars.

yesterday, saturday, the car was inspected. and of course, they found something wrong with it. they always do. and it always costs a minimum of $500 to fix the problem--no matter what it is. why is that?

the funny thing is that we have one side mirror duct taped on, because emily clipped it on a big truck that was double-parked in front of wawa (holla back if you love some shorties at wawa!). so we thought we'd have to get that fixed for like $700, but it was fine. just like my dad says, duct tape can fix anything. (if you know harold, you know he would NEVER say that--but i am sure he thinks it...sometimes.) so we scraped by with the minimum $500 yesterday. not too bad, i guess? i would never know. ever.

so today, we're all ready to get in the car to go to emily's aunt's in deleware. we get to the car and i realize the back tire is totally flat. ugh. so i get to stay behind and not go to deleware (not a big deal--AT ALL). so i get all tough and manly and know that i can change the tire--the ONE thing i actually can do on a car.

i get the car all jacked up but i can not for the life of me get the bolts look. i am kicking the crobar, practically sitting on it (long ways, of course. eewwww!) and it will not budge. i guess the last time the tire was off of the car, they used a super-human pneumatic gun to tighten the bolts. so i am all upset, because i can not get it done. i call triple a. or whatever service we have. the guy comes, he can't get the thing off either. he has some sort of gun. he gets it off. i give him the spare. the spare doesn't fit. WHAT?

so he puts the flat back on and gets a little air compressor. the tire fills and doesn't go flat? he wants to tow me--for like $150. i'm cheap, i risk it and take the car to the closest station. they take the tire off, check it and can not find any leaks. so i came back home.

i think some jackass emptied the air out of my tire and probably watched me suffer from his window and laughed his ass off. grr.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, I'll holla back. I like the shortie hoagies, but you spelled Delaware wrong...TWICE....and that drives me crazy. Otherwise, I enjoy your blog

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seriously make my day!
I set here in my office laughing through my nose and snorting...yes, snorting at your blog entries!
Props Fa Eva to you!

7:07 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

ps, you should always try to loosen the bolts before you jack the car up... though it sounds like that wouldn't have helped this time.

i have the WORST luck with flat tires.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home