There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Friday, October 27, 2006

old scenester who hates the new age.

i might be contradicting myself here.

but i hate digital media. if that is what i should call it? read on and find out.

we went to see death cab for cutie last night at the tower. let me set the scene:

-tower theater=all seating
-death cab for cutie= an indie band that got popular because seth from the oc listened to them a lot. and they made an appearance (kind of like color me badd on 90210. so good.)
-me=turning 30 in 6 days (yes, feeling old)
-the rest of the audience= teens with their parents (yes, i am already feeling old. but the teens make me feel older. and their parents make me feel creepy. or something? also, i have a new theory on death cab. they used to make more rock music (but still poppy) and now they just make easy listening music. so they appeal to all audiences, well maybe not all. slipknot fans were not there. but lots of teens in abercrombie and fitch clothes were!)
-cell phones and digital cameras GALORE.

this is where my hatred comes from. every other kid had a cell phone or a camera. when i was a kid, there were no cell phones and there were no digital cameras. and you weren't allowed to take cameras into even the smallest of shows. if you took a picture you were thrown out. i almost got thrown out of a morrissey show because some other loser took a picture! i digress. furthermore, when i was a kid, my parents would not take me to shows. actually, i didn't want them to! okay, well there was that one paula abdul w/ color me badd concert (ooh bonus! i mentioned them twice in one blog--or is it blogg? ooh i'm cheeky!)

so all i could see were digial led lights everywhere. and it ruined the whole experience for me. i mean, that in addition to the fact that a teen sweated on emily. eww. gross. teenagers smell. it's true. god, my heart hurts now. i can at least give them "props" for listening to good music. or what was good music until the oc killed it. nahhh, i'm not that bitter. they're still good. but they need to change up the show a little. it was the same show as the one i saw around this time last year!

anyway, if i hope i haven't turned you off to your cell phone or digital camera. no, that is impossible.
but maybe i have turned you on to death cab for cutie. check them out: www.deathcabforcutie.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home