There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

ridiculous

i know it's really crass to publish this post after my last blog. but that is just how my brain works. sorry.

so we all know i work for a company that produces those annoying little banner ads, right? i have always ignored those ads, but now that i am in this job, i notice every one. so from time to time, i am going to copy (at least one frame) them and post them here. because they are so ridiculous. my favorite is this dancing alien for mortgages--it always shows up on cnn.com. but i have not seen it in a while.

my new favorite is this:


i actually hate it. and i hate that store. it's just so ridiculous. it embarrasses me for some reason. in case you are not familiar, american apparel is a clothing store that mainly sells cotton garments like tee-shirts, sweatshirts,etc. but they also sell tights and lame (luh-may, i have no accent symbols and am too lazy to look up how to create one in html)shit. it's horrendous. i remember walking by one of those stores in DC with my parents. a sales girl was wearing fluorescent green tights and a lame (again, lu-may)bathing suit. they circled back around to look and laugh. yes, that is how ridiculous this store is.

the hipsters love it. philly mullets reallllly love it. oh, "philly mullets" are the hip kids in tight dirty clothes with shaggy hair. i did not coin that term. but i used it there for a while. it's another way of saying "hipster" but it's regional. regional hipsters. haha. i'm old.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No lie,I had a dream once with all the Asian chicks from these ads. Maybe it was the geeky, refugee, sex prisoner look they've got going on. Are they being forced to take these pictures? I don't know what it is but there is something about it .... that brainwashed cult look maybe?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Gordon Gartrell said...

I saw a Dateline report on the dude that owns/runs the company and I swear he was wearing a uniform straight out of the Chester Chester Child Molester catalog. Tan windbreaker, polo shirt, oversized glasses, brown slacks, and sensible shoes. And the dude was like, our age.

I just know he drove away from that interview in an airbrushed van.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home