There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Thursday, November 30, 2006

metabolize. uh.

do you ever feel really embarrassed for others? i do.
do you ever wonder why some people are just so dumb? i do.

case in point: i was at 7-11 this morning getting coffee. it was me and three large girls at the coffee station (is that what you'd call it?). i was listening to my ipod (new sean lennon, so good), but i could hear their loud mouths over my mellow music. what i heard is what embarrassed me and later made me sad.

lady one: "yeah you know da one in da blue bottle?" (points at fat free vanilla creamer)
lady two: "mmmhummmm..."
lady one: "i heard that one turns food in to metabolism so you lose weight."
lady two: (pouring another creamer in her xxl coffee) "oh okay"
lady three: "girl gimmedat! i need some metabolism."

and it went on and on. this woman was throwing the word "metabloism" around like she was a food scientist. a really loud food scientist...who failed out of school.

it's not like i was going to sit there and explain that metabolism isn't in a fat free creamer. or any food for that matter. it was just funny. and a little sad. more funny, actually. from now on when i see that creamer it will remind me of how it can make food in to metabolism.

ps-read the title of this blog in a notorious b.i.g. voice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home