There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

why i love macs

okay, let me start out by stating that i am an employee of a huge company that is not apple. (that should give you a hint as to just how nerdy this blog is about to get.)

now that's out of the way, let me tell you how much i am in love with apple. i mean, deep, everlasting love. LOVE. geek love. but still, love.

so here is what happened. for many years, i was a giant loser and used PCs. but have had 2 ipods and an ipod mini (for emily). i finally broke emily down six months ago and she let me buy an imac.

at that point, i copied all of my music--stuff i imported and bought on itunes--on to an external drive. or at least i thought i did. when i got everything on to my shiny new imac, i found that i lost about 6 albums that i had purchased on itunes. and the PC was wiped clean and sitting on my parents' desk in nj.

ok, i will get to the point of the story.

i started to notice that i was missing music that was new. i was upset. but i figured i had to write it off. but on sunday (like 6 months later when i was annoyed that i didn't have an album i needed and wanted--but not enough to re-buy), i emailed customer support to see if there was any way i could get my music back.

two days later, i got an email that started with, "Hi Brett, Hope your day is going well..."

little did i know it was going to get better. i expected, "...but I am sorry to inform you that our store policy is that it's your loss. get over it, dork" BUT NO!

i am getting all 5 albums (worth at least $50) back for free!! i just gave them a list and they are going to put them all in my itunes queue for me.

i have to say, i get very excited by GOOD customer service. and on the flip side, i get REALLY FUCKING PISSED over really bad customer service. so this brightened my day.

i mean, this is the stuff that even a good commercial that includes jerry seinfeld (oh, i know that's a major oxymoron) could fix. i will forever love apple.

so go out and buy a mac. or an iphone. at least a shuffle. you will be happy. i kid you not. i love all of the above. seriously.

i hope i can't get fired over this passion. i mean, i could tell you to buy one of those other mp3 players. but i won't. ipods are better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..i heart apple too...

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home